Do you need help with VAT? Value Added Tax can seem time-consuming, confusing and complex at times. There are different rates for different products and services, different VAT handling required when dealing with different countries, several VAT schemes to choose from, and that’s just the tip of the VAT iceberg! Keeping on top of all the VAT rules, regulations and deadlines can be a daunting process and even more so with some imminent changes coming up in the near future. There is currently a real chance of busting out of Europe without a deal and that could affect the way VAT is handled. Also, new rules concern the way VAT returns and records should be submitted to HMRC because of their new Making Tax Digital (‘MTD’) initiative.
Our VAT-related services include:
- Recording VAT as part of our bookkeeping service
- Full company accounts with VAT recording and analysis
- Help applying to be VAT registered
- Helping de-registering for VAT
- Help choosing or changing to the most appropriate VAT scheme (e.g. standard VAT schemes, annual scheme, flat rate scheme, cash accounting scheme etc.)
- VAT returns including submitting them to HMRC
- VAT record submissions to HMRC for the new Making Tax Digital interface
- Paying under-declared VAT, or reclaiming overpaid VAT
- VAT refunds
- Professional assistance with VAT inspections
- Help choosing and configuring the most appropriate accounting software
- Help registering for an EORI number now that the UK has left the EU.
Contact Taxfile for VAT help & advice
For help with all of these and any other aspect of VAT, call 0208 761 8000 or simply send us your contact details here and we’ll be in touch by return. You can also book an appointment with us online here if you would like an initial chat face-to-face. We’re accountants and tax advisers based in Battersea, London SW8 and have additional offices in Tulse Hill, Dulwich in SE21, the South West and North of England. Click the bold links for more information.